Saturday 12 May 2007

Start at the very beginning...

Right, here goes...

The purpose of this blog is to keep me on the straight and narrow. I figure, if I write on this thing and people might actually read it, then I HAVE to try a little harder to be healthy!

Some background:

I am 23 years old, I am female, I'm about to finish uni and start working for one of the UK's biggest employers which I think will be very stressful, but I am looking forward to it. I've been at uni for a long time, during which I managed to put on quite a lot of weight for various reasons. I'm hating my body at the moment - I feel unfit and frumpy, I have a serious camera phobia and I try desperately to avoid situations in which there may be cameras. Unfortunately, my graduation ball is coming up soon and I know there will be cameras, and I want to enjoy it and not stress about it too much. However, I have a lot of weight to lose, and I know it's not going to all come off in 4 weeks for the ball!

I don't want to be size zero, I think it's hideous, but when I was a bit younger I had curves which I loved, and I was confident and felt good. I would just like to get to the stage where I am not the biggest person in the room, so that I can go and buy clothes without crying when I get home because I look so awful, so that I feel healthy. I used to be a normal weight, so I know it's possible, I would like to get back to that.

My goals are reasonable, I think, and I'm aiming to be healthy rather than thin. I'm also about to start a job where I have to advise people on their lifestyle and I would not like to look like a hypocrite!

So here goes. I will try my best not to wallow in self-pity (as I know, dear reader, how boring that is), but will just tell it how it is.

I have chosen not to advertise this blog on my other, non-fat blog, so if you drop by please leave a note, I'm nice, I promise!

No comments: